1. concern for maintaining the original appearance and style to the extent possible
2. attention to detail-gold leaf for instance
3. quality of the restoration work being done-no corners are being cut
4. addition of more community space (3rd floor) for training and arts
5. I was not aware of the flexibility of the building for multiple uses.
6 The creative scaffolding that is in place…lets the seats remain in place and lets the work be done.
7. user friendly innovations in bathrooms and green room”
The scaffolding which took two weeks to build is now starting to be dismantled. The main entry ceiling is now whole again, after two years of a temporary plywood ceiling. In the new construction spaces – such as the public restrooms and the artist green room which were both torn out entirely and are being reimagined with modern features – renewed infrastructure is in place, and walls are now in place. You can see the shape and the coming function. The shine and the splendor is coming back as workers begin to put it all back together again.