JOIN OUR TEAM
The 115 year old jewel box of Red Wing Minnesota entertains, educates, and enlightens through the transformative power of the performing arts. Scroll down to learn how to apply.
Executive & Artistic Director
Reports to: Sheldon Board and City Council Administrator
Supervises: 5 employees directly; 14 employees indirectly
Employment Status: Full-Time, Exempt-Executive. Hours worked may extend to evenings and weekends
Salary range: $39.02 to $43.33 per hour
Benefits: Full-time benefits include excellent insurance coverage as well as vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Desired start date: early summer 2020
Key Job Responsibilities:
Artistic programming, financial oversight, organizational management, community leadership and government relations. All of these responsibilities are detailed further in the posted position pdf – available for download below.
The ideal candidate will possess these attributes/experience:
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in presenting and in theater or
- Five years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Theater, or Business Administration. Master’s Degree is
- In-depth practical knowledge of performing arts presenting
- Experience managing a public facility, including knowledge of historic facility
maintenance and health/safety regulations
- Fundraising experience in annual, project, capital, and endowment programs.
- Experience in public relations, marketing and audience services
- Nonprofit financial management experience, ideally with a $1M budget or higher
- Willingness to listen to comments and complaints of staff, volunteers, and community.
- Strong organizational, leadership and motivational skills, including persuasive written
and oral communication
- Experience with box office ticketing software (ideally Choice CRM)
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
Please submit cover letter and résumé in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a completed City of Red Wing employment application, available by clicking the button below.
Part-time casual hourly, $13/hr
Assists with loading, unloading, set up and tear down of artist equipment, running of technical systems and other backstage duties as directed. No experience required. Familiarity with theatrical systems preferred.
Part-time casual hourly, $10/hr
Performs sales of tickets and customer service in the Sheldon Theatre Box Office and is responsible for accurate transactions and securing cash receipts. The job requires the ability to read, make credit card transactions and make change, or equivalent.
Red Wing, MN 55066
BOX OFFICE HOURS
Thur - Sat: 12:30 - 5:00 pm
Closed Sun – Tue
2 hours before curtain