Christmas by Candlelight – Bring in the holiday season with award-winning classical crossover artist, Blue Violin, for a series of intimate performances, as he shares a very personal approach to electric and acoustic violin playing alongside stories of travels around the globe.
Former 1st violinist of the Boston String Quartet, Blue Violin performs original music and covers in a multimedia format, all using a single violin. Imagine the production of Lindsey Stirling with the virtuosity of David Garrett.
Blue Violin has performed as soloist with the Xibus World Orchestra, Ethno-Urban Orchestra, and has performed with John Mayer, Paul Simon, Jennifer Holliday, the Turtle Island Quartet, and members of Celtic Woman and Riverdance.
This year’s Blue Violin Candlelight Christmas will feature:
- Electric/world fusion reimagining of classic Christmas songs such as ‘Carol of the Bells’, ‘Silent Night’, and ‘God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen’.
- Acoustic arrangements of holiday favorite, ‘I Wonder as I Wander’, Mark O Connor’s ‘Appalachian Waltz’, and ‘Fairy Tale’ by Alexander Rybak (Eurovision).
- Original compositions and arrangements from Blue Violin’s upcoming album release, including a completely new Blue Violin vision for songs such as ‘Thunderstruck’, ‘Last Christmas’, and ‘Christmas in Africa’.
It’s more fun with the whole family, and when you buy a family package (see instructions below & on ticket page), we’ll give you 3 more tickets for free!
The show will be one hour and 30 minutes with no intermission. Children are encouraged to attend.
*For Family Package (includes up to 3 adults and 4 kids):
- Click “Buy Tickets” on this page
- Select Blue Violin Family Pack
- Select Blue Violin Candlelight Christmas – a pop up will appear, click “Select Seats”
- Choose your seats (this page will also have helpful info)
- Click “Add to Cart”
- Find the boxes that say “Regular” – leave one of them as Regular and click the dropdown to select Family Pack on the rest (up to 7).
If you have any questions please contact the box office at 651-388-8700 during business hours: Wednesday – Friday 1pm – 5:30pm and Saturday 12:30pm – 4pm.