Cherish The Ladies, one of the most engaging and successful ensembles in the history of Celtic music celebrate the holidays with a spirited performance filled with classic Christmas carols intermingled with beautiful celtic instrumentals, outstanding vocals harmonies and spectacular stepdancing.
Group leader and raconteur Joanie Madden, an All-Ireland champion flute and whistle player, has assembled a top-notch ensemble that includes; Mary Coogan (guitar), Mirella Murray (accordion), Nollaig Casey (fiddle), Kathleen Boyle (piano, harmony vocals), Kate Purcell (vocals, guitar), Don Stiffe (vocals, guitar), David Geaney (5 times world champion stepdancer) and Seámus O’Flatharta (vocals, harp, stepdance).
This Grammy Award-nominated Irish-American supergroup is one of the finest ensembles on the planet and this year’s show marks 35 years since their debut on a New York stage where they boldly challenged the male domination of their musical genre. They have shared timeless Irish traditions and good cheer with audiences worldwide where they’ve brought their signature blend of virtuosic instrumental talents, beautiful vocals, and stunning step dancing around the globe from the White House to the Olympics. Along the way, they have recorded a staggering 17 critically acclaimed albums including three Christmas albums; “A Star in the East”, Christmas in Ireland” and their debut Christmas album, “On Christmas Night”, named one of the top 10 Christmas albums of the year by the New York Times.
The Washington Post praises their ‘astonishing array of virtuosity’, and the Boston Globe proclaimed, “It is simply impossible to imagine an audience that wouldn’t enjoy what they do!” These ladies embrace the timeless gift of music that was passed down to them through the generations from their fathers. ‘It was the greatest gift they could give us,’ says bandleader Joanie Madden. ‘We’re carrying on the music and legacy of our fathers.’
** Sheldon Studio Dining option available for this event featuring pre-show gourmet cuisine by Bleu Dog Café. $45 Click Here for additional details. Menu can be found below.
MENU FOR THE PRE SHOW MEAL
- Brussels sprout salad with toasted almonds, pomegranate, shaved Parmesan and creamy lemon dressing
- Cheeseboard – domestic cheese, chutney, nuts, berries, baguette, gluten-free crackers
- Guinness beer cheese dip with sourdough pretzel balls
- Whiskey glazed caramelized onion and apple crostini with Irish cheddar and microgreens
- Minced mini pies (fruit and spices, vegetarian)
- Champ – traditional Irish mashed potatoes with scallions
- Roasted curry cauliflower (vegetarian, vegan)
- Seared salmon with spiced wine sauce
- White chocolate candy cane mousse
- Shortbread cookies