Annie Sheldon Legacy Society
The Sheldon Theatre. It’s right there in the name. This breathtaking place exists because of a planned gift. More than 115 years ago, T.B. Sheldon left half of his estate to the City of Red Wing to do something special. Today, that legacy gift has taken root, grown strong, and blossomed into an essential part of this community’s identity. Our origin story is a vital testament to what is possible with a little planning.
YOU CAN CONTINUE THE LEGACY
We invite you to join in this vision and this legacy. Like T.B. Sheldon’s visionary gift, your planned or estate gift – in whatever amount – is an investment in an ongoing harvest here at Red Wing’s most treasured cultural asset. There are many ways to leave a gift including: living trust, retirement plans, securities, life insurance, gift annuities and other planned giving arrangements.
A FUTURE VISION – THE ANNIE SHELDON LEGACY SOCIETY
With the physical building reinvigorated, we proudly introduce the Annie Sheldon Legacy Society. Annie’s vision of a vibrant, bustling home for performance in Red Wing planted the seed that has become the Sheldon we know and love. That seed grew into over a century of programming that has entertained, educated, and enlightened this community through the transformative power of the performing arts. Our calling now is to build a stable financial foundation, in changing cultural and economic times, which will nurture an ongoing, abundant, world-class harvest of programming worthy of this one-of-a-kind community treasure. In Annie’s name, our vision is to ensure a future Sheldon Theatre that is filled with joyful, meaningful experiences and cherished new memories for generations to come.
Annie Sheldon Legacy Society members enjoy recognition now for future gifts, including:
- Knowing your generosity will ripple into the future, ensuring the Sheldon Theatre remains a vibrant, creative force at the heart of Red Wing’s community life for generations to come.
- Your name (or Anonymous) listed in Sheldon performance programs, website, lobby signage, and other Legacy Society acknowledgment outlets.
- Invitation to annual Annie Sheldon Legacy Society gathering and award ceremony.
- Annie Sheldon Legacy Society lapel pin.
- Invitations to special events, donor receptions, and artist meet and greets
- Access to Sheldon concierge service, supporting your Sheldon ticketing, giving, space, and other business.
For those who have already included the Sheldon Theatre in your estate plans, please let us know! We would like to include you as a member of the Legacy Society, showing our appreciation during your lifetime, and working alongside you to ensure your intentions are realized.
Thank you for all you have done – and all we will continue to do,
Executive Director, Sheldon Theatre